Quality Assurance & Improvement
- Aggregate and benchmark member facility outcomes data and offer remedial intervention and/or Best Practice dissemination.
- Areas of focus include all of the Quality Reporting Program (QRP) including pressure ulcers, falls, ADL loss, etc. Monitoring of each member facility’s Five Star Rating status as well as other quality of care and quality of life measures.
- Work with our insurance plan partners to track and improve facility performance in HEDIS and NHRQ quality targets, such as resident immunization rates, HbA1C testing for diabetics, and prevention of weight loss.
- Monitor and improve efficiency measures such as resident hospital days per 1000, hospital re-admission rates, medical loss ratio control, etc.
- Targeted training and in-services to improve member clinical service capabilities including IV certification, wound care training, restorative nursing programs, etc.
- Implementation and training related to an effective Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
CHN also provides consulting services to non-members on a fee for service basis.
The Quality Initiatives Department of is headed by a Registered Nurse and includes additional nursing, nursing home, and assisted living professionals with significant operational expertise.